All the answers to your questions

All the answers to your questions
In our Frequently Asked Questions section, you’ll find all the information you need to enjoy an activity with Roc et Canyon.

FAQ : Summary

Opening times





Meeting points








opening times :

When is Roc et Canyon open ?

Roc et Canyon is open all year round, offering a wide range of activities depending on the season.

Off-season opening times: 9am – 12pm / 2pm – 5pm

Opening times July – August: 9am – 7pm

When is the canyon open ?

– Canyon du Tayrac: 01/06 to 15/09

– Canyon du Mourier (Haute Dourbie): 01/06 to 30/09

– Canyon du Bramabiau: 01/06 to 30/09

– Canyon du Tapoul: 01/05 to 30/09

Other canyons available on request. Please contact us by e-mail using the contact form

Can you organise activities outside the summer period (July and August) ?

Yes, in low season we can organise group activities according to demand.
Please contact us for more information on availability.

Activities :

Can minors take part in activities on their own ?

For unsupervised activities, you must be at least 16 years old and have parental authorisation, signed by your parents or guardians.

For activities supervised by a qualified guide, it is not necessary to accompany the child (within the age limit recommended for the activity).

As transport is not included in the activity, children must be accompanied by an adult to get to the activity site.

What is the minimum age for taking part in an activity ?

– 8 years and over and able to swim for canyoning without ropes
– From the age of 5 and able to swim for canoeing/kayaking
– 12 years and over and able to swim for canyoning
– 8 years and over for green canyoning and beginner caving
– From age 12 for giant abseiling and challenging caving
– From age 14 for bungee jumping and rope swing

What are the entry requirements for the various activities?

    • Canoeing: 5 years old and able to swim.

    • Mini-Raft: 11 years old and able to swim.

    • Stand-up Paddle: 11 years old and able to swim.

    • Canyoning without ropes: 8 years old and able to swim.

    • Canyoning: 12 years old and able to swim.

    • Via Ferrata: must be at least 135 cm tall.

    • Bungee jumping: for minors, parental authorisation is required and for over-55s, a medical certificate is required.

    • Mountain bikes: minimum height 140 cm

    • E-MTB: minimum height 155 cm

    • Beginner caving: 8 years old / Challenging caving: 12 years old.

How high is the Viaduc d'Alzon ?

The viaduct is 50 metres high

How easy is it to get to the canyons ?

Each canyon requires a 20-minute approach walk on hiking trails and a 20-minute return walk at the end of the activity. This is one of the reasons why you need good trainers.

These are exceptional places, so they’re worth the trek !

How long does it take to canoe 8 km on the Dourbie?

A simple and effective summary 😉

Dourbie :

  • 5 km (about 1h30)
  • 8 km (approx 2h – 2h30)
  • 13 km (about 3h)
  • 17 km (about 4h)

Tarn :

  • 9 km (approx 1h30 – 2h)
  • 12 km (approx 2h – 2h30)

What's the difference between the Vallon des Tyroliennes and the Aventure Verticale ?

These two Via Ferratas were created by Roc et Canyon. They are therefore closed to the public and only accessible when supervised by one of our guides. The difference between the two is the level of difficulty.

The Vallon des Tyroliennes is a Via Ferrata accessible to all levels (beginner to advanced). It’s a mix between a high ropes course and Via Ferrata, with monkey bridges, nets, suspended steps and, above all, numerous zip lines (up to 300 metres long).

The Aventure Verticale is a more difficult Via Ferrata. It is a more vertical one and only suitable for experienced climbers.

What's the difference between canyoning without ropes and canyoning ?

Canyoning without ropes is an activity reserved for people aged 8 or over who are able to swim. Canyoning without ropes is a mix of water trekking, natural slides and jumps which are several metres high. If the jumps feel too intimidating, you should know that none of them are compulsory !

Canyoning is an activity reserved for people aged 12 or over who can swim. This is a more intense activity, so it’s reserved for more sporty and experienced participants. You’ll find lots of jumps (up to 10 metres), natural slides and abseiling.

Which canoe route should I choose ?

Dourbie or Tarn ?

It all depends on what you want to do on your trip. If you’re looking for scenic beauty, with beaches for picnic breaks, the Dourbie is the river for you. The choice of route is simple: 5 and 8 km for a fun ride with children (aged 5 and over and able to swim) and 13 or 17 km for a more challenging outing with older children (aged 12 and over and able to swim). If you’re looking for a leisurely, cultural trail, head for the Tarn. You’ll love going under the Millau Viaduct! 9 km or 12 km? The only difference is the length… the choice is yours !

What is the range of an E-MTB battery ?

Our batteries have a range of 500 watt hours. The battery life depends on the mode you’re using (economy to turbo), the length of your planned outing and the terrain you’ve chosen.

For example, if you’re planning a 25 km ride in turbo mode, you’ll only be able to use the E-MTB for half a day.

Is a deposit required for equipment hire ?

Yes, only for the hire of mountain bikes, E-MTBs and Via Ferrata equipment.

On the day of the activity, you will be asked to bring a means of payment for the deposit (credit card, cheque) as well as proof of identity (National Identity Card, Driving Licence, Passport).

How long do supervised activities last ?

Supervised activities last half a day. You should expect to spend between 2h30 and 3 hours doing the actual activity.

booking :

Do I need to book activities ?

Yes, and this applies to all the activities and events we offer. The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have in terms of availability.

You can book online on our website or call us on for more information.

How long is a gift voucher valid for ?

A gift voucher is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.

For example: if the person who gave you the gift voucher bought it on 15 December 2022, it will be valid until 15 December 2023.

payment :

Is a deposit required to book the activities ?

Yes, full payment or a deposit of 30% will be required to finalise your booking (for more information, see Terms and Conditions).

What payment methods are accepted?

Credit card, cash, cheques, ANCV holiday vouchers, ANCV Connect holiday vouchers, Pass time gift vouchers (for more information, see Terms and Conditions)

Is online payment secure ?

Yes, your online payments are secure. You can find “https” in our website address. When you make your payment, you will be redirected to a secure payment page (for more information, see Terms and Conditions).

Will I receive a confirmation e-mail when I order online ?

Yes, when you finalise your order, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a summary of your order (day, time, activity, amount, etc.) as well as your ticket to show at the reception desk on the day of the activity (for more information, see Terms and Conditions).

What happens when I make a direct booking by phone or e-mail ?

We’ll discuss your requirements and what’s possible according to our availability. We’ll take your booking with your contact details and you will then receive a confirmation e-mail summarising all the information (activity(ies), day(s), time, amount, etc.). In this email, you will also find a payment link to proceed to the payment (either 30% or the total amount) which will allow you to finalise your reservation (for more information, see Terms and Conditions).

REfundS : 

Is it possible to get a refund for an activity ?

In the vast majority of cases, we try to find a solution such as rescheduling the activity, swapping it with another activity, etc. If no solution is possible, we will try to reach an agreement. For any further information about refunds, please consult our General Terms and Conditions of Sale.

meeting places :

Where is the meeting point for my activity ?

  • The meeting point is at our outdoor activity centre : 155 Avenue de l’Aigoual, 12100 MILLAU.
  • Depending on the location of your holiday accommodation, we can arrange to meet you directly at the activity site. Please let us know when you book or contact us by phone: ou par mail : roc@roc-et-canyon.com

Where is the Roc et Canyon outdoor activity centre located ?


What equipment do I need for canoeing and stand-up paddling ?

You’ll need a swimming costume, trainers or water shoes, a snack, water, sun cream and sunglasses.
We provide: a canoe, kayak or SUP board, a double paddle per person, a waterproof container, a life jacket and a helmet.

What equipment do I need for rafting/mini-rafting ?

You’ll need a swimming costume, trainers or water shoes.

We supply: inflatable boat, life jacket, helmet, neoprene wetsuit.

What equipment do I need for canyoning without ropes / canyoning ?

You need to bring: a swimming costume and trainers with a good sole.

For the Tapoul canyon, please bring an extra €4.5 (in cash or credit card) to be paid directly on site for the village shuttle bus.

We provide: neoprene wetsuit, life jacket, helmet and harness if necessary.

What equipment do I need for the Via Ferrata / Giant abseil ?

You should bring: sportswear, good trainers, sun cream, a snack, water (in a small rucksack), sunglasses if necessary.

We provide: harness with pulley and via ferrata lanyards, helmet.

What equipment do I need for climbing ?

You need to bring: sportswear, a snack, water, sun cream, climbing shoes (if you have them).

We provide: climbing harness, rope, climbing shoes (if you don’t have any).

What equipment do I need for a mountain bike / E-MTB outing ?

Remember to take suitable sports clothing, a rucksack with a snack and water, as well as warm clothing in case of bad weather, sun cream and sunglasses. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast and plan your route before setting off.

We provide you with: the bike, a repair kit and a helmet.

What equipment do I need for bungee jumping ?

You should bring: comfortable clothing, closed-toe shoes (such as trainers). You should remove all jewellery and other items from your pockets to avoid losing them.

What equipment do I need for caving ?

You need to bring: trousers, knee-high socks and a warm top (preferably not cotton as this material retains moisture).

We’ll provide you with: a full wetsuit, boots (remember to give us your shoe size when you book), a helmet with a headlamp, and a harness if necessary.

What equipment do you need for the Nawack ?

Appropriate sportswear, a good pair of trainers, a snack, water and sun cream.

What equipment do I need for paintball ?

You need to bring: sportswear, trainers, a snack and water.

We supply: overalls, a chest protector, a full-face helmet, a launcher and 300 paintballs for the entire session.

What equipment do I need for hiking/trail/orienteering ?

You should bring: sportswear, good trainers, a rucksack with a snack, water and warm clothing in case of bad weather.

What's the difference between a canoe and a kayak ?

A kayak is a single-seater boat and the canoe is a two-seater boat (3-seater when the 3rd person is under 11).


Is transport included in the activity ?

Transport is NOT included in the activities and is therefore your responsibility EXCEPT for canoeing and rafting/mini-raft.

If you don’t have your own transport, please contact us so that we can organise it according to our availability.

How much is the transport supplement ?

For canyoning and canyoning without ropes, transport costs 9 euros per person.

For other activities, transport costs 7 euros per person.


Are there any contraindications to outdoor activities ?

Yes, the main contraindications are: cardiovascular disease, total pneumonectomy, epilepsy, balance disorders, rheumatic diseases, pregnancy after the 3rd month, etc.

For more information, please consult the document “Prerequisites / Conditions of practice / Contraindications”.

Are there any specific contraindications to bungee jumping ?

Yes: “Diabetes, taking drugs, alcohol or any substance that alters the jumper’s behaviour. Contraindications to bungee jumping (pregnancy, epilepsy, heart and joint disease, Menière’s vertigo, etc.)”. Safety instructions are to be observed by the jumper during the jump or on the site itself.

Are there any contraindications to water sports ?

Yes, such as water phobia, inability to swim, an acute inflammatory disease, major sensitivity to cold or damp, or insulin-dependent diabetes.

Are there any contraindications to canyoning ?

Yes, such as water phobia, inability to swim or Menière’s vertigo.


Are the instructors qualified ?

Yes, during your supervised activities, you will be supervised by qualified and responsible instructors. You can consult the professional licence of each of them at outdoor activity centre.


How long has Roc et Canyon been in business ?

Roc et Canyon is a local company that has been operating in the Millau area since 1988. You can rely on our expertise in outdoor activities, events and entertainment.


Do you organise any events ?

Yes, we organise sporting events and activities. To find out more, go to the “Events / Entertainment” section.

Can Roc et Canyon be a service provider for events ?

Absolutely ! We take part in events to bring our unique, personal and sporty touch !

Can Roc et Canyon travel to events ?

Yes, we can! Most of our event activities can be held anywhere in France. To find out more, don’t hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone to discuss the possibilities.

Does Roc et Canyon organise bachelor parties?

Yes, our guiding principle is: tailor-made. All the activities and entertainment we offer are modular. Don’t hesitate to contact us by filling in the contact form, e-mailing or phoning so that we can get to know you and design a half-day or full-day event that meets your expectations.


Is there a car park nearby ?

There is a free customer car park next to the outdoor activity centre, as well as a free public car park next door.

Are there sanitary facilities on site ?

A tent is available for getting changed on site, as well as sanitary facilities at the outdoor activity centre. Don’t hesitate to ask for information on site.

Is it possible to eat after an activity ?

The outdoor activity centre is a 5-minute walk from the town centre and all its amenities (bakeries, supermarkets, restaurants).

Is there accommodation close to the outdoor activity centre ?

There’s plenty of accommodation within a 5-minute walk of the Roc et Canyon base, including campsites and hotels. This means you don’t have to use your car and can get around on foot or by bike.


Contact Roc & Canyon